New user with strange remote desktop / W10 latency

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DreagonG, Nov 23, 2019.

1. DreagonG

DreagonG Bit poster

I am still in my trial period with Parallels. Running on a 2019 16" MBP, i9, 32GB RAM, 5500M, 2TB SSD.

I have VMWare Fusion licenses, but am giving parallels a shot because of the Dx11 functionality that enables ArcGIS Pro to work smoothly in VM.

The issue that I'm having is when I use a Windows 10 VM in Parallels to connect to a Windows Server 2016 or 2012 R2 server via remote desktop. I get crazy latency on the connection. The VM is very fast, but the RDP client server that I connect to is incredibly slow, regardless of what is on the other side. I have physical servers running Server 2016, VMs running 2012 and 2016, VMs running W10...the behavior is the same. Latency city!

The architecture is that I have VPN software running inside the VM to provide a connection to the enterprise network to satisfy security policy. I have a symmetrical gigabit fiber connection. I've tried using both NAT and bridged networking and get the same result.

I do not have this issue with Fusion, just parallels.

Any ideas?

2. Hi, could you provide us with the step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce the issue on our side?
    Also the tech report collected after the issue reproduced will be appreciated. (please post the report's id here)