after a few fits and starts, I've managed to create a vm (XPSP2) migrated from my boot camp partition. I also have the automatically-created "My Boot Camp.pvs" vm.
I'm pretty ignorant of both Mac OS and of the parallels file system. What I would like to do is just eliminate Boot Camp altogether (once I'm confident that parallels is working well) and recover the disk space on the boot camp partition. I'm aware I'll lose the ability to run windows apps natively (at max speed).
So my question: When you create a vm by migrating from Boot Camp, does it reproduce everything (OS, files, apps, settings) on your MacOS partition or is it still making use of the Boot Camp partition? Can I kill boot camp, format its partition, and run the new vm off the mac partition?
I tried to glean this from both the parallels desktop and parallels transporter documentation, but some combination of it being opaque and my being clueless has left me confused. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
I'm pretty ignorant of both Mac OS and of the parallels file system. What I would like to do is just eliminate Boot Camp altogether (once I'm confident that parallels is working well) and recover the disk space on the boot camp partition. I'm aware I'll lose the ability to run windows apps natively (at max speed).
So my question: When you create a vm by migrating from Boot Camp, does it reproduce everything (OS, files, apps, settings) on your MacOS partition or is it still making use of the Boot Camp partition? Can I kill boot camp, format its partition, and run the new vm off the mac partition?
I tried to glean this from both the parallels desktop and parallels transporter documentation, but some combination of it being opaque and my being clueless has left me confused. Any help appreciated. Thanks!