Hi there,
I have a question regarding my particular situation:
I need to run a Windows web browser to access a specific website and that's all I want to do in Windows (either XP or 7). Is Parallels a good app for this? I have played a little with VMWare Fusion using a (pre-existing) BootCamp partition and the performance is painful (a MacBook 2.16 Core 2 Duo).
I was thinking about deleting the BootCamp partition and using Fusion to install a new Windows machine from scratch, but then I saw the benchmarks saying Parallels is faster.
So, to try and sum up: I would like to have a Windows browser running concurrently with a Mac Desktop as quickly and painlessly as possible with a minimum of resource use. I am open to Fusion or Parallels and either XP or Windows 7 to do this.
Does anyone else have a similar need who can help me out?
Thanks, Peter
I have a question regarding my particular situation:
I need to run a Windows web browser to access a specific website and that's all I want to do in Windows (either XP or 7). Is Parallels a good app for this? I have played a little with VMWare Fusion using a (pre-existing) BootCamp partition and the performance is painful (a MacBook 2.16 Core 2 Duo).
I was thinking about deleting the BootCamp partition and using Fusion to install a new Windows machine from scratch, but then I saw the benchmarks saying Parallels is faster.
So, to try and sum up: I would like to have a Windows browser running concurrently with a Mac Desktop as quickly and painlessly as possible with a minimum of resource use. I am open to Fusion or Parallels and either XP or Windows 7 to do this.
Does anyone else have a similar need who can help me out?
Thanks, Peter