NEWBIE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by danielbustosmedina, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Hi guys

I just bought a Galaxy NOTE and i saw a video of this guy using 2xclient for android and i though its amazing. And i'm really going crazy trying to make this work.

BUT

I have no idea how to configure either my PC or my router to do so. Is there any way you guys could do a step by step guide for those of us who don't really know what and how to do it? The whole deal with forward protocol and bla bla bla ect. is a first for me and i guess for a lot of android users. Sorry for the ignorance

I have a standard PC with windows 7 and a stock D-link router (di-524). Obviously getting into details with the router settings is too much but i guess the windows settings must be the same for all windows, and i guess the router should have the same options as any other router. BTW my wireless router is connected to my modem and the PC i want to remote control is connected directly to that router.

If you could help us newbies on this one, that would be awesome.

Thanks

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

router configuration varies based on model, so giving a step by step process might be a bit difficult.

Hopefully this should do the trick for you: http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... esktop.htm

Basically what should happen here is that a connection to your public IP over port 3389 will be directed to your Windows 7 PC automatically.