Come on Parallels team. Reading the multiple threads on this topic there are plenty of users of your product out there who are unable to create (as advertised) a VM from an existing bootcamp instal using Parallels 5. An update would be very welcome.
I'm sure I speak for everyone out there who has invested money in the version 5 product when I share my disappointment about a product that is simply not working as advertised - I'm new to Parallels, buying version 5 after much deliberation, and so have no option to revert to an earlier version of Parallels. I don't always want to boot via bootcamp, but do want that capability. I'm loath to wipe my bootcamp and do the instal of XP Pro via Parallels 5, then reinstall all my native XP software, and updates to SP3 without clear guarantee that if I try that approach it will work.
Has anyone got a work around .. is there any news from the Parallels team except - "we are looking into the issue"?
I'm sure I speak for everyone out there who has invested money in the version 5 product when I share my disappointment about a product that is simply not working as advertised - I'm new to Parallels, buying version 5 after much deliberation, and so have no option to revert to an earlier version of Parallels. I don't always want to boot via bootcamp, but do want that capability. I'm loath to wipe my bootcamp and do the instal of XP Pro via Parallels 5, then reinstall all my native XP software, and updates to SP3 without clear guarantee that if I try that approach it will work.
Has anyone got a work around .. is there any news from the Parallels team except - "we are looking into the issue"?