no access rights to open or save in win 11 ARM

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by RiccardoC6, Apr 18, 2022.

1. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Bit Poster

Hi all, I recently purchased a standard edition of Parallels 17 - version 17.1.2 (51548) . I installed Win11 on ARM on it.
    The problem I'm facing is about "access rights" on the files I try to open or save (expecially on Dropbox).
    Since I have my commercial license of Autocad on it, I'd also like to use it!
    I just installed the softwares and did anything else, but I get this message. (See Screenshot attached here)
    Any suggestion to solve the problem?
    Thanks much

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello RiccardoC6, please refer to the knowledge base article to fix the access denied issue on Parallels Desktop. Thanks.

3. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Bit Poster

Thanks, but I can't understand the article.. It says it refers to parallels 15 or earlier versions if you cant access the virtual machine. I just cant open or save files once I already am in Win11. Anyway I followed the first steps util I localized the *.mem file, obtained info and checked that the machine is not locked and (me) the user has read and write permissions. It looks all ok, but nothing changed.

4. Asish@Parallels

Asish@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, We could see from the screenshot that you facing issues while saving files on AutoCAD software. Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/128833 to resolve the issue.
    Thanks,
    Asish

RiccardoC6 likes this.
  5. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Bit Poster

I should have solved the problem, thanks much!