"no boot device available press enter to continue"

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by subrato, May 20, 2007.

1. subrato

subrato Bit poster

Hello I am new to parallels and I am trying to get parallels working for Windows 2008 Server. It gives me an error and unable to proceed. Any help on how I get this working.

Thanks,
    Subrato

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

What is your host OS? What is your guest OS?

3. subrato

subrato Bit poster

My host OS is XP and my guest OS is Windows 2008 Server beta 3.

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

Check the boot order in Parallels configuration.

5. subrato

subrato Bit poster

I checked the boot order. First is the CD-ROM. I tried the iso image as well as loading the image on virtual drive and using it. Nothing worked.

6. Sccrman06

Sccrman06 Junior Member

maybe....

Check what parallels sees as your cd rom device. If is not seeing your actual drive then that could be a problem.

Another thing it could be is that your copy of 2008 server is either not supported/recognized by parallels, or the cd is not bootable because it's some less-than-retail copy of the cd.

My two cents...

David

7. Ynot

Ynot Pro

You should check that your win2008 cd is bootable, and set guest os type to Vista in VM configuration.

8. subrato

subrato Bit poster

Ynot I tried to follow what you mentioned in your post. But I still am not able to proceed. Still shows up the same message. Also I have checked the iso image. Its bootable.