No boot in start-up

profxeni

Bit poster
Hi, this is my first post. Use as OS Leopard and I have installed correctly the VMware 4.0 upgrade. I tried to create a virtual system Guest with Windows XP, but not run the boot and consequently does not boot the installation CD. Something's wrong? not visualize even the icons on the system setup (hd, USB, CD, network, etc). As I the issue?
Best regards
 

Attachments

  • Parallels4.png
    Parallels4.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
Please check in Spaces , do you have any window open in another space, from Parallels Desktop
Also I suppose the problem is in CD,
try to create ISO image as described below:
1. Insert CD/DVD source

2. Start Terminal from Applicatins/Utilities, you can then determine the device that is you CD/DVD drive using the following command:

$ drutil status
Vendor Product Rev
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-835E GAND

Type: DVD-ROM Name: /dev/disk1
Cur Write: 8x DVD Sessions: 1
Max Write: 8x DVD Tracks: 1
Overwritable: 00:00:00 blocks: 0 / 0.00MB / 0.00MiB
Space Free: 00:00:00 blocks: 0 / 0.00MB / 0.00MiB
Space Used: 364:08:27 blocks: 1638627 / 3.36GB / 3.13GiB
Writability:
Book Type: DVD-ROM

3. Umount the disk with the following command:

$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
Disk /dev/disk1 unmounted

4. Create the ISO file with the dd utility (may take some time):

$ dd if=/dev/disk1 of=file.iso bs=2048

5. Test the ISO image by mounting the new file (or open with Finder):

$ hdid file.iso
 
Back
Top