No hardware cursor when using only USB dedicated mouse.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DawidN, Feb 10, 2014.

1. DawidN

DawidN Bit poster

Hello! I'm running PD9 on a new iMac.

I have two mice. One is connected to my Mavericks host, other one is connected as an USB device straight to the guest Windows 7. I want to be able to use both mice at the same time (one on mac, one in windows).

Problem is that the dedicated guest mouse doesn't seem to have own hardware cursor. When I "capture" my host mouse in the virtual machine everything works fine. When I release it the cursor disappears.
    The guest mouse seems to be functioning, I can move the invisible cursor and click things.

I've found that disabling hardware cursor with a video.hw_cursor=0 flag helps, and indeed it worked. I could use both mice at once. But almost all games require hardware cursor, so this is not a valid solution!

Can anyone help me?

PS
    I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools many times.

2. DawidN

DawidN Bit poster

Self bump but with new info.

I'm not an expert but from what I can see my windows guest and osx host have only one hardware cursor. That's why I can't have two working mice. Maybe there should be an option to emulate hardware cursor on the guest?

3. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi DawidN,

Yes, You can enable Smart mouse option for Mouse input in Guest OS. Please find the instructions at http://kb.parallels.com/6909

Thanks,

Manoj D

4. DawidN

DawidN Bit poster

Hi ManojD,
    I'm sorry but I think you haven't read my posts.
    I'm talking about having two USB mice, one for host os (Mavericks) and one for guest os (Windows)- both working independently at the same time.

5. LeanderS

LeanderS Bit poster

Hi, have you found a solution in the meantime?

6. LeanderS

LeanderS Bit poster

Hm, after a few restarts it now works as expected :)