No Images Available on windows install

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChrisMox, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ChrisMox

ChrisMox Bit poster

Hi i bought a version of Windows 8.1 and downloaded it to my USB and is now a ISO. i am trying to install this as a VM but keep getting the message

select a operating system you want to install

NO Images Available.

i am getting quite confused as i know the USB is okay and never had any problems on a Windows PC.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ChrisMox,
    1.Shutdown the original virtual machine.
    2.In Parallels Desktop menu bar go to File > New > Install Windows or another OS form a DVD or image file click Locate manually.
    3.Tick Continue without a source and click Continue.
    4.Choose appropriate OS > select appropriate view > tick Customize settings before installation and click Continue. When new virtual machine configuration window appear, do not close it.
    5.Open the Control Center (Window menu > Control Center). Click on the cogwheel next to the original virtual machine to open its configuration.
    6.Compare the setting of the new virtual machine settings with the original one. Set up all the new virtual machine settings like in the original one. Then close the original virtual machine configuration window.
    7.In the new virtual machine configuration go to Hardware->Boot Order->External boot device->USB drive and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the set-up.

3. ChrisMox

ChrisMox Bit poster

hi thanks for that i can now get to install, but when i input the product key i was given from Microsoft when i Purchased ii online its saying its not valid for this product.

any ideas why?

many thanks again

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member