No Installation ID for Office 2010

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by KenM1, Feb 28, 2022.

1. KenM1

KenM1 Bit poster

A client of mine has a Mac Mini (m1 processor) and in order to run his accounting package he needed Windows, hence parallels. I installed Windows 11 Insider preview for ARM and all was fine until he came to produce reports and dicovered that the package also required Microsoft Office (Word actually). Having previously decomissioned a failed windows laptop, we removed Office 2010 from there and installed it in Parallels Windows. This is currently working OK but cannot be activated so has a limited lifespan. Going to the activation wizard, it does not generate an Installation ID and so no progress can be made - we cannot obtain the required activation key.

Has anyone else come across this issue or proven that Office 2010 CAN be activated, i.e. the wizard will produce an Installation ID?

My suspicion is that since the Installation ID is generated by examining the computer set up, that it's using low-level calls about the hardware and doesn't understand (or receive) the answers it wants! If this is the case then I'd assume that no other (later) version of Office will activate either.

I've also tried with a different version of Office 2010 which will activate on a Windows (Intel) machine and even in a virtual Machine (in Windows).

2. AlasdairS1

AlasdairS1 Bit poster

3. KenM1

KenM1 Bit poster

I can assure you that 2010 does work on windows 10 (and can be activated) but thanks for confirming that 2019 activated OK in parallels win 11.