No Internet Connection ip of 0.0.0.0

randy1982

Bit poster
The guest os is stuck at acquiring network address. I'm using a trial key for parallels to try this out and so far this doesn't look promising. I've tried everything that has been suggested in the forums and faqs and still i cannot get this to work :( It really upsets me because i don't want to boot out of mac os to use windows :(
 
Winsock is corrupted

PROBLEM:

When I try to use ipconfig /renew I get: "An error occured while renewing
interface Local Area Connection : The RPC server is unavailable."

When I try to use ipconfig /all
I receive output similar to one bellow:

DHCP Enabled...: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled...: Yes
IP Address...: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask...: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway....:
DHCP Server...: 255.255.255.255


BACKGROUND:

The problem is caused by Winsock (TCP/IP protocol configuration) corruption

SOLUTION:

1. Open command console in Windows as follows:
click Start - click Run- type in cmd
2. In command console type in following:
netsh winsock reset
3. Restart VM as suggested
 
Back
Top