No local area connection in XP to register

xiahkixiri

Bit poster
Hey guys. I've just gotten Parallels so I can charge/run my Creative Zen Vision, which isn't compatible with Mac. But now I have 30 days to register Windows, and I can't because there's no internet, because there's no Local Area Connection. I tried to install the drivers for my computer, but it wouldn't set up because it said it didn't recognise the machine as a Dell. =.=" Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you.
 
I have a similar problem running XP. When I try to install Parallels Tools, it gets hung up during the registration step. Configuration shows Network Adapter 1 is connected, but XP shows no internet connection (even though it had a connection before starting the Parallels Tools installation process).
 
xiahkixiri, please make a note if you will have troubles installing Parallels Tools,

C4 Pazzo, it seems that you are having 2 problems:
1) Install of Parallels Tools is hanged at Registration step
2) After partitial success of installing Parallels Tools, network is not available.

About problem 1, it would be very interesting for us to see logs of parallels tools installation. If you have some time, please create a support ticket at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/request/ and post here its number. We will provide a steps how this logs could be sent to us. Please only one issue in ticket, or it is very hard to process it..

About problem 2, it could be resolved without ticket. Please

1) Post a problem report and post here its number

2) Post here the output of command "ipconfig /all" without quotes at Windows side. To obtain it, please click Start and type cmd.exe
Then type the command "ipconfig /all" and post here the screenshot of output
 
About problem 2, it could be resolved without ticket. Please

1) Post a problem report and post here its number

Problem report can be sent using menu "Help" --> "Report a Problem" of the Parallels Desktop
 
I think the Parallels tools install hanging at registration problem is the result of losing network connectivity during the parallels tools install process, rather than a separate problem. Here is the support ticket id: 20352.

I'll post the ipconfig screenshots separately.
 
Could you please before doing anything else, copy all .log files from c:\windows\temp to some safe place, e.g. to your My Documents folder. They will be very valuable for investigating and fixing the possible problem.

--

About the issue with network. Problem Report shows, that your VM is using Bridged Networking to the AirPort. This configuration will only work in limited number of environments. It is a separate task to check whether it is possible.

Try the Shared Networking for now.

--

If you are able to access network using Shared Networking, copy the log-files to your mac, zip them and post it here. Or, preferably, attach to the support ticket..
 
Last edited:
Configure shows that I am connected via Shared Networking, not bridged. But I am not connected at all.

I'll send the logs via the ticket.
 
I'm not sure how to Configure it! It says I can't change anything until I stop VM, but once I stop VM it all disappears, until I start it up again.
 
I'm not sure how to Configure it! It says I can't change anything until I stop VM, but once I stop VM it all disappears, until I start it up again.

-) Please stop the VM. After that it will be possible to press the "Configure" button in the toolbar or select "Virtual Machine" --> "Configure" in the menu and edit settings
 
Okay, I have internet! But.. new problem. My Windows' product key won't work, and the link to the help website won't work either. =.="
 
Back
Top