No Microsoft Store or TPM 2.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MarkN8, Sep 27, 2021.

1. JustinP10

JustinP10 Bit poster

Check out the update to this page. There seems to be a pretty good solution that worked for me. A workaround that seems to have solved my issues.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello Justin, Thank you for sharing your experience. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. JustinP10

JustinP10 Bit poster

Really was @StephenH21 that provided solution.

thanks

4. Andrew57

Andrew57 Bit poster

Is the Game Pass app the same as the XBox installer? If so i downloaded this and the app crashed when i started it. Any advice?

5. Andrew57

Andrew57 Bit poster

I actually did a clean install and loaded the Game Pass App again. This time it worked and the Store opened as expected.
    Unfortunately, once Windows 11 completed it's updates the problem returned. Microsoft Store crashes on opening. Any ideas to resolve?

6. JustinP10

JustinP10 Bit poster

I'm not 100% sure. I searched Xbox game pass in web browser (edge) and followed the link. On the page there is a box that says "Download the app" which downloads an exe file. Once downloaded then open the app and you should get "warning" messages at top saying that the app needs some updates to work properly. The first one is the Microsoft store.

7. BrokerDon2

BrokerDon2 Junior Member

Thanks a MILLION for this incredible tip! I'd just received my new 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max and installed Windows 11 ARM... but couldn't get it to install ANY software since the Microsoft Store was missing. Followed your GamePass installation steps and BOOM Windows 11 ARM now allowed me to install my apps.

Device name MBPM1Max
    Processor Apple Silicon 3.20 GHz (4 processors)
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB
    Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA553
    System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor​

THANKS !!!

8. DrewL2

DrewL2 Bit poster

Hey, I'm trying to do this on my 2021 Macbook M1 Pro and every time I install gamepass via the official Microsoft link, it downloads and opens but proceeds to immediately crash. I am unable to access any settings and going to gamepass general as others have been suggesting. Do you know how to fix this issue?

9. MikeS39

MikeS39 Bit poster

Woot! Worked for me just fine. Thanks

10. alexs56

alexs56 Bit poster

For anyone still having this issue, I was able to figure out a different workaround. I tried the Gamepass (xbox app) workaround listed above, but it did not list the microsoft store as not being installed. So this gave me an idea. I went into my "add & remove programs" settings and noticed there were two versions of the store installed, one with the store icon in white and the other with the store icon in black. I clicked one version, but the uninstall button was grayed out. So instead, I clicked the "Reset" button, followed by the "Repair" button. Then when I went back to the program list, it was gone. Then I clicked the other version of the store that was installed and repeated this process. When I returned to the program list page, it too was gone. The two original listings had been replaced by a single store app with icon in blue. Now it works normally and I am able to open the store with no issue. So what I'm guessing happened is there were two different versions of the store installed and something was causing them to crash immediately when opened. By "repairing", it reinstalled with the latest store app updates and fixed any bugs. Wanted to share in case future M1 users experienced the same issue.