"No Registered" dialog upon Parallels Startup

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DrKarl, Jul 21, 2009.

1. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

Very bizarre. I've been using Parallels for over a year without problems, currently version 4.0.3844

This morning, when I launched Parallels (and an XP VM), I go the attached dialog telling me that my copy was not registered - although of course it has been registered for a very long time.

I entered all of my information, but it would not accept the 'new' registration with any but the e-mail account under which I had originally registered. When I used that account, I got the second screenshot telling me that my copy is already registered.

Totally weird. So, am I really registered or not, and what caused this?

The only thing new since I launched Parallels yesterday is the update to iTunes.

Bug? Gamma rays?

Thanks,
    Karl

Attached Files:

2. StephaneA

StephaneA Bit poster

Same issue for me

I have the same issue today.

What's going wrong?

Thanks
    Satisfied customer

3. StephaneA

StephaneA Bit poster

Same issue for me

I have the same issue today.

What's going wrong?

Thanks
    Stéphane

4. desgael

desgael Pro

Seeing several posts on this matter it seems it could be a problem with the current build.

In any case, try domnloading the latest build from our site http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/
    and use the downloaded .dmg package to reinstall Parallels Desktop application. This would not affect your virtual machine.

5. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

The "Not Registered" issue was probably a server problem

For what it is worth, trying to update recognizes me as being registered again ... so I believe it must have been a problem with the Parallels registration server.

Karl