No 'Shared Networking' in 2112 ? :(

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by cpl593h, Nov 23, 2006.

1. cpl593h

cpl593h Junior Member

Hello,

As someone using mostly WiFi on my machine, I'd love to be able to use the shared networking feature that Mac users have had for a month. When I saw that a new build was available, I downloaded it, not even reading what was new, since I was believing that Parallels Desktop changes would be merged in the Workstation tree.

Pretty please?

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Shared networking will be included into one of the next Workstation updates. This particular update is bringing full Vista support as primary OS and as guest OS and bug fixes.

3. noig

noig Bit poster

Autopatcher in 2112

Trial version
    Is there a fix or sollution for autopatcher. I have noticed that autopatcher is not running in the guest OS?
    The problem is also described on the autopatcher forum?
    Thanks

4. tshack

tshack Bit poster

Cashing in or just cashing out?

I understand that there is a lot of money and sensationalism surrounding the prospect of using your product "Parallels Desktop" to run Windows on a MacBook laptop computer. I am happy for this, as clearly it is allowing for the further development of a fine product.

However, I believe that it is important to note that you do still have a responsibility to your PC customers as well. I understand that the Mac and PC versions will develop at different paces... especially when one version is going to thrive in the general user market. Hell, I know there are many more customers with Macs trying to run Windows than Windows users trying to run Linux, Solaris, etc; but the current state of things makes your company look like it's simply chasing dollar signs.

I feel that it is very easy, if not impossible, to slip into chasing the cash cow, and I feel that this needs to be addressed. Take care not to frustrate the other half of your customers through neglect. I can only hope that the feature sets in the PC and Mac versions will converge soon, and I hope the PC version cost increases as well. It's only fair.

Anyway... it's only one feature. (Complete by the end of the quarter, perhaps?)

(Do you guys have a production schedule / gantt chart? Can you give some sort of *accurate* prediction?)

Cheers. Hope to hear something positive from you guys @ Parallels!