No snapshots showing but still getting "Unable to edit the hard disk properties..." error

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnH53, Jul 3, 2020.

1. JohnH53

JohnH53 Bit poster

My parallels is using more and more disk space by the minute and I cannot operate programs on my Mac due to limited space. I am trying to limit the amount of space parallels can use as well as reclaim space. Why I try to configure disk usage, I get "Unable to edit the hard disk properties because it has one or more snapshots." But there are no snapshots in my snapshot manager. When I looked at what is taking up space by the parallels it was all snapshots, but I can't locate them. How do I find them and reduce the amount of space parallels uses?

Attached Files:

2. MatthewJ6

MatthewJ6 Bit poster

I'd like to boost this thread - I'm having the exact same issue and it's rendered my VM unusable. I've tried a Terminal command to merge snapshots from another thread, but to no effect.

3. AnneF

AnneF Bit poster

Hi everyone. I'm having the same issue. Do we have a fix for this one already?