No Sound in Windows XP and Parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by sep23, Jul 4, 2007.

1. sep23

sep23 Bit poster

I have been using Parallels for many months very successfully and think it is awesome software. I recently upgraded to Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac and now I am getting no sound while in Windows XP. Of course, I'm using a VM which was converted (automatically) for use with 3.0. I am trying to avoid having to re-install XP if possible. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and what can be done to correct it?
    Thanks,
    SEP

PS: I sent a email to Parallels tech support but have not yet gotten a response. Thanks...

2. Wolfe6249

Wolfe6249 Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using the latest build of Parallels 2.5 with Parallels Tools installed.

Anyway, after a certain amount of time being idle, my sound will stop working in Parallels. Entirely. It seems to be fickle about it, sometimes idle for a few minutes or for half an hour before the sound just refuses to come through the VM. What confuses me is that it still runs fine in OSX, so I'm convinced its not my hardware.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows XP on a MacBookPro with an Intel Core Duo 2.0ghz processor and an Intel-based sound card with the latest drivers.

3. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

You are both posting in the wrong forum!

There are lots of mac forums.

don

4. elnoxvie

elnoxvie Bit poster

you can find the related solution here. Hopefully this will help.