There is no sound on my Ubuntu and Suse 11.4 guests. I have built several copies and none of them have sound. The little color bar under the speaker icon lights up when something is playing. Ubuntu 10.10 had sound. All my Windows guests have sound.
I recently upgraded to Lion, but it did the same thing on Snow Leopard.
The guest machines are fully patched. They seem to think they have sound, all the buttons work as they should and the lights flash. Everything seems to be OK except the sound itself.
I have tried every suggestion posted on the forums but nothing has helped.
Has anyone else seen or solved this?
Ubuntu
$ Linux ubuntu 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:07:17 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Suse
Linux linux-vmnh 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2011-04-25 21:48:33 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
iMac 27 Mid 2010, 12 GB.
Latest Parallels 6.
Lion
I recently upgraded to Lion, but it did the same thing on Snow Leopard.
The guest machines are fully patched. They seem to think they have sound, all the buttons work as they should and the lights flash. Everything seems to be OK except the sound itself.
I have tried every suggestion posted on the forums but nothing has helped.
Has anyone else seen or solved this?
Ubuntu
$ Linux ubuntu 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:07:17 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Suse
Linux linux-vmnh 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2011-04-25 21:48:33 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
iMac 27 Mid 2010, 12 GB.
Latest Parallels 6.
Lion