"No supported mail client" when sharing Word doc

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CarissaT, Oct 30, 2018.

1. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

I am using Windows 10 in Parallels on my Macbook Pro, and due to integration issues with some software we need with Outlook for Mac, I have chosen to instead use Outlook 2016 in Windows as my default mail client. I have changed the default to always open mail in Windows, and that's working fine. However, when I am using Word in Mac OSX and try to "share" a document, instead of opening a blank email message in Outlook 2016 as it should, it is giving me the above error. Any ideas on how I can fix this, other than using Word in Windows or manually saving then attaching the file?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello CarissaT, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow https://bit.ly/2N1mrkW to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

I reinstalled it but still have the same issue. Also even though I have the web page set to always open in Mac, when I click a link in Outlook for Windows, it opens it in Microsoft Edge. Wondering how I can fix this also.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly follow the instructions from this link and check if it helps.

5. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

Thank you, the above fixed the web browser issue. However I am still getting the "no supported mail client" error when trying to share a document from Word in Mac.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly start the virtual machine and go to actions on the top menu bar, Actions--> Configure--> Options--> Web&Email and change it to default for both Web and email option.

7. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

When I do that and then try to share, it opens a pdf in Safari.

8. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

Never mind got it working! Had to go into Mail and change default mail client there. Not sure how it got set to Safari, but I was able to change it to Outlook/Parallels and it works perfectly now. Thanks!

9. CarissaT

CarissaT Junior Member

I'm having another similar problem now, when I try to share a file from Adobe Acrobat reader DC I get this message:
    The SendMail doesn't know how to talk to your default mail client. Please select a different mail application to use.

I went into the defaults in Adobe and the only option is "default mail client" which is what I chose.