No Win10 Fullscreen with DualMonitor after Upgrade to P12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChristophL1, Aug 18, 2016.

1. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

This did not fix my issue (on latest build 41353, using MacOS Sierra). I am running a MBP with two external displays attached. Parallels puts one of my external displays in one space, and the other display in another space, instead of using both external displays as on giant desktop. This is the opposite of what Parallels 11 did and the opposite what I want.

Switching back to Parallels 11 works correctly.

I have the "Dock -> Prefer tabs when opening documents" set to "Manual", and "Mission Control -> Displays have separate spaces" disabled. In my VM configuration I have "Options -> Fullscreen -> Use all displays in fullscreen" enabled, and "Options -> Fullscreen -> Scale to fit screen" set to "Auto".

As a software developer, it baffles me how this problem was not found in testing.

2. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

Is there any update from Parallels on this issue? It's still occurring with the latest update.
    Is this problem even under active investigation or development?

3. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

It's been two weeks with no reply. Can someone from Parallels please comment on whether or not this issue is being actively worked on?

4. PeteJ1

PeteJ1 Bit poster

It finally started working

Hello Peter,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in response. Your request now is handled by Secondline Technical Support.

As described in the article below, in Parallels Desktop 12 Full Screen mode was completely refactored, now it gets macOS native Full Screen mode as any other Mac application does.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111936

Best regards,
    --
    Ivan Dosov
    Customer Support Engineer
    ||Parallels

5. Thanks a lot for sharing it on Forum!

6. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

Please note that if you want to use Parallels 12 to run a single Windows guest OS across multiple monitors, you must use the "displays have separate spaces" option. This is annoying because it means that you can no longer easily switch between a multi-screen desktop in Mac OS vs Parallels -- you must change each screen separately. It's also a regression from Parallels 11, where the desired functionality worked perfectly.

This is discussed at length in this thread with a followup by the Parallels team.