No windows key in 2X Client for OSX

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by wesli, Aug 22, 2013.

1. wesli

wesli Bit poster

I'm using the 2X Client for MAC connecting remotely to a Windows 2012 Server machine.
    Everything is working very well, except there is no windows key. I can not open the start menu with the keyboard. I've tried the Command key and the [CTRL] + [ESC] combination, but nothing seems to work. The only way to open the windows start menu (metro) is with the mouse.

2. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

Thanks for your post. At present the MAC command key should redirect as this, if this is not the case please contact 2X Support and we'll review this.

3. wesli

wesli Bit poster

I've installed the new 2X Client version (11.0.1542) and the Cmd-Key is provided as expected.
    Except the [Cmd] + [Tab] combination. I'm working on a macbook and I'm using often key combinations (like [Cmd] + [Tab] to change between programs). When the 2X Client has the focus and I change to another program on my macbook (using [Cmd] + [Tab]) and I switch back to the 2X Client, then the Metro(Windows) menu is opened and I have to close it.
    It ist possible to avoid passing the [Cmd] key in combination with the [Tab] key?

Regards
    wesli