I apologize if this is a dupe but everything seems to have to do with retina display Macbook Pros, which hasn't helped.
I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on this machine, and just installed Parallels 8.0.18608, in which I installed Windows 7 Pro SP1.
Everything is going great, except for that I can't hardly spend any time in Windows, as despite not visibly appearing blurry (at least not like screenshots of blurry issues that I've seen), there is something wrong with the display and it hurts my eyes. I can't spend more than several minutes in the Windows VM/Parallels without having to look away, and then it takes a few seconds for my eyes to readjust to normal. This isn't a vision problem, since I can spend countless hours in OS X and read books without issue.
I've tried tinkering with fonts and font sizes (in Windows and browsers), went through the ClearType calibrator, and tried turning off the Smoothing Edges of Fonts option to no avail.
I have Parallels Tools installed and can change the resolution by dragging the bottom right corner of the window around. It always readjusts itself to be 'sharp' again (the desktop background looks fine) but the problem persists.
Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?
Thanks in advance!
I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on this machine, and just installed Parallels 8.0.18608, in which I installed Windows 7 Pro SP1.
Everything is going great, except for that I can't hardly spend any time in Windows, as despite not visibly appearing blurry (at least not like screenshots of blurry issues that I've seen), there is something wrong with the display and it hurts my eyes. I can't spend more than several minutes in the Windows VM/Parallels without having to look away, and then it takes a few seconds for my eyes to readjust to normal. This isn't a vision problem, since I can spend countless hours in OS X and read books without issue.
I've tried tinkering with fonts and font sizes (in Windows and browsers), went through the ClearType calibrator, and tried turning off the Smoothing Edges of Fonts option to no avail.
I have Parallels Tools installed and can change the resolution by dragging the bottom right corner of the window around. It always readjusts itself to be 'sharp' again (the desktop background looks fine) but the problem persists.
Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?
Thanks in advance!