Not able to launch Published Apps from ThinClient

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by rccg94, Jan 5, 2007.

1. rccg94

rccg94 Guest

Hello,

I have just downloaded and configured both the 2XThinclient server and the 2XApplication server. They both run on separate Windows 2003 R2 servers on the same subnet as my client. My problem is this: I can boot the latest build of thin client and successfully connect to a defined, published app. After login, my thin client displays a 2X desktop with an icon for the app I published. Problem is, I can't launch the app. I double-click the icon (or click start>Programs>app) and nothing happens. No errors or freezing, just nothing happens. The session does not lock up or dislay any other odd behaviour. I can successfully run the same published app from a windows XP client running the 2X Application server client software. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2. geoffreys1

geoffreys1 Forum Maven

What application are you publishing?

Does the name contain any special characters like spaces, etc?

Can you please open a support request at http://support.2x.com/ so that we can trace your problem more effectively. When opening the request please post debugs of both the ThinClientServer and the client you are trying to launch the application from. This will help us to debug your problem.

3. rccg94

rccg94 Guest

Thanks for the response, this was answered in another forum. It seems my ThinClientServer was set to direct mode and the App server was set to gateway. Once I matched them up, it worked immediately. Thanks again!