Not able to turn on Memory Integrity in Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CatherineS3, Nov 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. CatherineS3

CatherineS3 Bit poster

Hi all,

I am new to Parallels Desktop for Mac. I have an Intel Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura. Previously I installed Windows 10 from Boot Camp and ran it via VMware Fusion. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11, so I switched to Parallels Desktop for Mac because of its virtual TPM support. I imported Windows 10 from Boot Camp and upgraded it to Windows 11. Everything's good until a notification from Windows Security showed up saying I didn't have Memory Integrity turned on.

At first it was due to incompatible drivers in the system. I removed those drivers and it finally let me turned on Memory Integrity, but every time I restarted Windows, Memory Integrity was switched off again. I found a website (https://technoresult.com/fix-memory...dows-11/#Solution_1_Enable_the_Virtualization) and it said that I would need to enable Virtualization first. I checked Task Manager and it only said "Virtual Machine: Yes", so I opened a ticket to Parallels Support asking for help to enable virtualization. I was shown a link to do nested virtualization and it's for Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro and Business version only. They're still researching for a possible solution... I hope...

In the mean time, I have 2 questions:
    1. Is nested virtualization the only way to enable Memory Integrity? I read that nested virtualization will significantly affect the performance of a virtual machine.
    2. Is it okay to keep Memory Integrity off for a virtual machine?

Thanks,
    Catherine

JoelH1 likes this.
  2. DENNISC11

DENNISC11 Bit poster

i noticed the exact same thing and was wondering if you found your answer? i reached out to support and they basically wanted to access my computer remotely to diagnose the problem which I was not comfortable with.

3. JohnC93

JohnC93 Bit poster

Same issue - same questions

4. LingT

LingT

If you have the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can enable the nested virtualization feature as follow:
    1. Open Parallels Desktop, don't start the virtual machine
    2. Select Actions Menu, scroll down to "Configure..." and select it.
    3. After the configuration window is opened, select "Hardware" option, click on "CPU & Memory".
    4. Click the "Advanced..." button.
    5. Change Hypervisor to "Parallels".
    6. Check the box that says, " Enable nested virtualization".
    7. Click "OK" to save settings.
    8. Start the virtual machine and proceed to enable memory integrity. You need to restart the virtual machine for it to take effect.