Not able to turn on Memory Integrity in Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CatherineS3, Nov 13, 2022.

1. CatherineS3

CatherineS3 Bit poster

Hi all,

I am new to Parallels Desktop for Mac. I have an Intel Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura. Previously I installed Windows 10 from Boot Camp and ran it via VMware Fusion. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11, so I switched to Parallels Desktop for Mac because of its virtual TPM support. I imported Windows 10 from Boot Camp and upgraded it to Windows 11. Everything's good until a notification from Windows Security showed up saying I didn't have Memory Integrity turned on.

At first it was due to incompatible drivers in the system. I removed those drivers and it finally let me turned on Memory Integrity, but every time I restarted Windows, Memory Integrity was switched off again. I found a website (https://technoresult.com/fix-memory...dows-11/#Solution_1_Enable_the_Virtualization) and it said that I would need to enable Virtualization first. I checked Task Manager and it only said "Virtual Machine: Yes", so I opened a ticket to Parallels Support asking for help to enable virtualization. I was shown a link to do nested virtualization and it's for Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro and Business version only. They're still researching for a possible solution... I hope...

In the mean time, I have 2 questions:
    1. Is nested virtualization the only way to enable Memory Integrity? I read that nested virtualization will significantly affect the performance of a virtual machine.
    2. Is it okay to keep Memory Integrity off for a virtual machine?

Thanks,
    Catherine

JoelH1 likes this.
  2. DENNISC11

DENNISC11 Bit poster

i noticed the exact same thing and was wondering if you found your answer? i reached out to support and they basically wanted to access my computer remotely to diagnose the problem which I was not comfortable with.

3. JohnC93

JohnC93 Bit poster

Same issue - same questions