Not enough Free space

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BajaOklahoma, Oct 4, 2017.

1. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma Bit poster

My disk does not appear to expand properly since Parallels 13. Using Mac OS 10.12.6. A running program (Logos 7) shuts down indexing because there is not enough free space. It needs at least 1GB. I am set at 165GB expanding disk. when it shuts down I have actual 0.98GB free of 126GB. How do I make the disk have several GB free space? I can configure the size, but the free space is not there and I donlt see options to force it bigger. This never happened before version 13.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma Bit poster

Thanks. I have even a greater problem now. Your suggestion seemd right, but did nor fix the current problem.
    I took the expand option off and set the disk size to 150GB, thinking I would get free space up to 150GB. The disk was full at 126GB. It processed a long time but worked and my VM increaded to about 161GB with the size at 150GB. I restarted and my sytem still worked, but there was still not free space and the win10 showed the size at 126GB. The indexer still would not run. I did the update you suggested and it appeared to execute properly, but when I rebooted the sizes were the same. Nothing changed.
    Here is my volume list below. What now???

Attached Files:

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BajaOklahoma,
    The additional space which was allocated to the VM might have got created as a recovery partition. Refer to the article and resolve.

5. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma Bit poster

I ran the disk magagement program and find that the free space I added is currently sitting as Unallocated space of 22.44GB. The disk shows at 150GB which is correct. How do I make the unallocated space available to the C: drive. It is sitting at 126.78 GB with less than 1GB free space? Attached is the disk magagement display.

Attached Files:

6. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma Bit poster

I fell that a solution is possible from here, but need to know how to combine the 22.44GB unallocated space withthe space available to the C drive. There is a small recovery volume between the unallocated and the c drive. Do I need to delete the recovery volume? If I delete it, do I need to put it back or is the automatic? Confused and unable to expand disk. Is my problem Parallels 13 or is it the new updates to Win10? In all other versions on Parallels I never had problems like this.

7. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma Bit poster

Solved. I used Minitool Partition Manager to add the unallocated to the C drive. It took just a few seconds and did not disturb the recovery partition.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that you have used Minitool to resolve the issue. You can also delete the recovery partition and extend that space to C drive but make sure you have a backup if you perform these steps and when you use Minitool.