Not enough RAM on my Mac for Parellels?

MBB

Bit poster
I've just bought Parellels online, but when I try to install it on my Mac powerbook, the system keeps telling me that there's not enough RAM left for the installation.

It doesn't make sense as there's lot of available space at my computer. My brother tells me, that I might have to change the settings to use Windows XP, but I don't know where I do it.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance
 
Hi MBB

Not enough Ram to Install windows xp , or you are unable to install Parallels?
you should try and answer these questions courtesy of Eru Ithidurr
from post http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=16741
1. Mac OS Version
2. Parallels Build #
3. What kind of computer
4. Total Physical RAM
5. Hard Drives
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA This one shouldn't apply
8. With what Build did the problem start
9. If Parallels Tools are installed
10. Anything you have tried to get things working
11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know
12. If you are crashing, upload some crash logs
13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot.
14. If you are having issues with a specific component (i.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor) tell us what it is.

But do not list your computer cereal #.

kat
 
If you fill out the list copy and pasted over we should be able to point you in the correct direction. As long as you have 1 GB of RAM you should be able to get things installed, though, it is usually just painfully slow unless you have 2+ GB.

Anyhow, I would try restarting your computer, and without opening any other applications, try again.
 
Back
Top