Not Req. Username / No option to save password

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by vito1, Sep 23, 2011.

1. vito1

vito1 Member

Can the client be setup to not require a username in the config?
    Apparently, the current version can not.

This is a problem for ipads where users in a company share ipads.
    Yes, There are situation where an office wants to share ipads just for access to internal published apps.
    Each user still will need there own username and password when accessing the apps/systems.

Also, to save on data entry....
    Can a new config option be added for the domain name then append the domain name to the user name during logon?

There should also be an option to disable "save password" (and disable saving user name if the above was added)

This would allow for better security.

A configuration lock or enterprise control would also help so admins can lock down and protect configurations.

thanks

2. icoleman.uk

icoleman.uk Member

I second this request and I have sent a feature request to 2X support.

Storing usernames and passwords on a mobile client is a major security risk and we would like the ability to for users to have to enter at least their passwords when connecting.

I believe that it would be a great benefit if we were able to centrally set policies for all connecting clients (especially mobile clients) where we can enforce certain options such as storing usernames and passwords.

This I believe is a fundamental flaw in the 2X client and I hope it's addressed soon.

3. denacho

denacho Guest

fyi - we had the same issue several weeks ago & i opened a case with Support. they confirmed they were able to replicate the AD credentials prompt & have sent it to development. not sure what will happen at this point as i have not heard anything back since Jan 19th when it was "sent to Development for review."

4. vito1

vito1 Member

2x..Pls update us on this issue.
    thx

5. jvandenbroek

jvandenbroek Guest

I'll second this request, sometimes there is a need to disable remembering the username / password. Enforce it with a policy on the 2X server would be even nicer!