Official Statement from Parallels on Bootcamp 1.2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by fso, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fso

fso Member

Hi Parallels

Can we have an official statement from you on Bootcamp 1.2? Can we upgrade to Bootcamp 1.2 with Parallels 3188?

Thanks
    Fred

2. hagen

hagen Junior Member

I'd wait: my parallels 3186 won't start now

Upgraded to 1.2 and installed Stalker on the boot camp partition and now parallels won;'t start.

3. hagen

hagen Junior Member

Just tested it with 3188 and didn't start

Upgraded 3186 to 3188 rather than a clean install.

4. hagen

hagen Junior Member

okay, now I'm sad

went to boot into bootcamp and get a blue screen:
    unmountable boot volume

and the only change from using bootcamp yesterday? Installed 3188.

Sigh.

5. hagen

hagen Junior Member

Just reinstalled 3186 and parallels is starting just fine! Yay. Do get "a problem is preventing this computer from checking it's license". Clciked "okay" and all seems to be starting well with 3186 and BC1.2.

Next to test bootcamp itself.

6. hagen

hagen Junior Member

Nope. Bootcamp didn't start: unmountable boot volume. Sigh.

7. hagen

hagen Junior Member

Nothing seems to get me back my bootcamp: safe mode results in unmountable boot volume as does "last known good config" (not sure how that happens).

Maybe will have to do my first bootcamp/WinXp reinstall and that's all the way back to using bootcamp back in Sept last year.

Sigh.

8. abanks

abanks Hunter

Use the windows CD in bootcamp to repair windows, you will lose all settings and some apps may lose their functionality but at least you wont have to do a total reinstall just reinstall the apps that are broken.

9. hairyneanderthal

hairyneanderthal Member

I was preparing myself to do a massive re-install of my bootcamp installation on my Mac Mini which hadn't been working properly since I installed the first "coherence" beta 3036. I hadn't complained because of course it was beta, though I had put a lot of work into getting it working.
    In a recent move to get it all working I spent a couple of hours last weekend with my systems here. I updated Boot Camp to 1.2, re-installed the drivers for 1.2 on XP (which I never got working with 1.1.2). Updated Parallels to 3188 and now I have a stable environment and am pleased to bits. I had intended making a copy of my XP environment on my Macbook which was working well (looking at all the cloning options etc...) but this isn't necessary now :D.
    I can vouch for Boot Camp 1.2 and Parallels 3188 working well together.