Oh my God why i must every time get Beta Software

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by xeen3d, Aug 21, 2016.

1. xeen3d

xeen3d Junior Member

Hi
    i purchased Paralleles 12 Pro, and will give you all here my impressions before i delete it and go back to Fusion 8
    The Interface is nice and Features are really cool but ....

Full Problems with scaling of Guest Windows big icons small icons big Font small font all was mixed
    every start i get a other screen sometime in coherence mode i see a small window that window guest was started
    next time without any change i see full screen start of that vm and no small window.

Fonts in Guest are not big the are bigger much much bigger i will need ok i search the Support for a solution and see
    that those problems exist since 2012 now we are in year 2016 and i not await to find such old bugs in a actual pice of software
    but thats not all, performance is bad really bad i used Fusion before and have a direct use of both together if you use special
    apps (mostly used in Enterprise) like SAP or others that use maybe a gtk interface and start that it was like a video, when you start the Program
    you can see every button and every menu follows one after the other and it takes a time before your Window was full displayed.
    My ole AMD 100 Mghz with 512 MB Memory was faster for that (only those special apps hole others are ok where ok is not fast !)

Thats not all i can give you round about 40 small and bigger Bugs i found in this two Days and believe me if i could work with it i would be
    wait until a Bugfix coms up but i am not a Beta tester i need my hypervisor hole day for daily work .
    I uninstall Parallels now it is far away from be enterprise ready, only if i switch off all cool features i can work with it but for that what i get
    if i do so i can use Vbox that cost me nothing and have less Bugs.

I am Sorry about that the hole App was so Feature rights but not good tested this is definitely beta software like a green banana
    it becomes yellow with the users Nerf, Time and Frustration.

If you not use a Mac Book Pro you will not have that Problems or not all of them the main Problem is Retina Display but that Problem exist
    since 2012 and i can´t believe that there is interest since Parallels to fix that if there was one it will be fixed since 2012.

I go back now to Fusion i must work with my Software and have not time enough to be Beta tester and pay for be that.

Don´t misunderstood me hole Feature set is very cool and Performance only a less smaller than VMware one but it runs without the smoothnes
    that i know from Fusion if only the Feature will be work as design i will stay at Parallels but without the Features i have no other way to go back.

best

Andre