"Old" Parallels user trying to figure out how to work with Catalina/Parallels new ambient

PedroS3

Bit poster
Hi, group.

I tried to read other threads, but got no answers to my problem.
I was an "old" Parallels user, working with Windows 95 with no hassles.
I then moved to work with Bootcamp, because I was needing no "hard work" on Windows.

But now, with my desktop computer with OS Catalina, I gave Parallels a new chance... and I like what I see. To work with Windows 10 is total new to me and I found a "major" problem:

- My Parallels Windows Desktop is EXACTLY the same as my Mac Desktop.
I really need a "clean Windows, with his "own" Desktop. I need to have "independent" desktops.

How can I do this? And how can I have "two computers"? Disk partition? How do I do it on Parallels (which configuration)?

Thanks in advance for enlighten a "poor newbie".
All the best

Pedro
 
Hello, group!

With or without Coherence, the Windows desktop has no changes.
Don't know what to do, now.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Pedro
 
This is the screenshot you asked me, Maria.
Every thing I do on the "Windows side" appears on the "Mac side" and vice-versa.
I am looking for two separate ambients, as if I had two different computers.
I had it, when I used the "old" Parallels with Windows XP.
Thanks for your invaluable help.

PedroScreen.png
 
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Could you please open the VM configurations -> Options -> Sharing -> Shared folder and choose folders for sharing/or choose none to not share any folders from Mac to Windows.
 
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Could you please open the VM configurations -> Options -> Sharing -> Shared folder and choose folders for sharing/or choose none to not share any folders from Mac to Windows.
GRRRREAT!!!

So simple... and yet, so effective.

Of course it was it!

Now I have my "two" machines working separately!

THANK YOU so much, Maria.

All the best

Pedro
 
GRRRREAT!!!
So simple... and yet, so effective.
Of course it was it!
Now I have my "two" machines working separately!
THANK YOU so much, Maria.
All the best
Pedro
Thanks a lot for your warm words Pedro.
Please let me know what I can do for you in the future.
 
Back
Top