I upgraded to 4.0 about a month ago. Everything has worked fine until just recently. A few days ago I was getting rid of some programs on the Windows side using the "Add/Delete programs" function in the control panel. I accidentally misclicked on "parallels tools". I began uninstalling for like a minute. I quickly canceled it when I realized what I had done. And just to be safe, reinstalled parallels tools. A couple days later I noticed that Dynamic Screen Resolution and Clipboard Sharing no longer work in this VM. I don't want to say that what I did was certainly the reason behind these functions not working because I don't use them that much and it easily could have not been working before my accidental uninstall and I just didn't notice. As far as I can tell all the other parallels tools work fine, and according to the toolbar at the bottom parallels tools is installed.
On my second VM (VM2) that I don't use much, Clipboard Sharing and Dynamic Screen Resolution still work fine. Also two other things that are different between the VM's. On the one with problems (VM1), the options "Run Parallels Compressor" and "Install Parallels Security" are both grayed out. This is not the case in VM2. I had previously installed Parallels Security on VM1, but had uninstalled it and now was trying to get it back. I have never had it installed on VM2.
Anyway, I run Mac OS 10.4.11, Parallels 4.0, and Windows XP in the Guest OS. I'm not sure what other info would help, but I'll but happy to give whatever you need.
I have tried installing parallels tools both through the drop down menu and also manually. I have uninstalled and reinstalled parallels desktop. I'm not all that cpu savvy so I decided before I kept messing around I should post here.
On my second VM (VM2) that I don't use much, Clipboard Sharing and Dynamic Screen Resolution still work fine. Also two other things that are different between the VM's. On the one with problems (VM1), the options "Run Parallels Compressor" and "Install Parallels Security" are both grayed out. This is not the case in VM2. I had previously installed Parallels Security on VM1, but had uninstalled it and now was trying to get it back. I have never had it installed on VM2.
Anyway, I run Mac OS 10.4.11, Parallels 4.0, and Windows XP in the Guest OS. I'm not sure what other info would help, but I'll but happy to give whatever you need.
I have tried installing parallels tools both through the drop down menu and also manually. I have uninstalled and reinstalled parallels desktop. I'm not all that cpu savvy so I decided before I kept messing around I should post here.