Online Store Exchange Rates WRONG!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by twynne, Nov 11, 2008.

1. twynne

twynne Hunter

Tried to pick up the upgrade this evening, but since when does USD39.99 equate to GBP35?! According to latest exchange rates - and in fact those for the last several months - this should be approx GBP25. Can someone sort out the exchange calculations in the online store and let us know when safe to order please!

2. twynne

twynne Hunter

Just tried this again, this time selecting USD as the currency and I can see part of the problem. Despite the store quoting USD39.99 as the upgrade price, the checkout shows it as USD49.99. It then lists a discount of USD10, then adds on a 'download' charge of 6.99. WTF?!

3. movielad

movielad Member

Glad it's not me. I do hope they're not doing an Apple and matching almost dollar for the pound because it's more expensive to do business in the UK...

M.

4. movielad

movielad Member

You can ditch the that $6.99 charge - this is merely a CD that gets sent out to you. You should be able to remove it from your shopping basket.

M.

5. nschum

nschum Bit poster

You seem to forget VAT.

6. twynne

twynne Hunter

Yes, I eventually removed the extra 6.99 charge - though it wasn't really clear that it was for a CD. It seemed to imply that you didn't get upgrades unless you paid extra.

And yes, of course you have to add VAT (19% for some reason) onto the fees above. I thought VAT was based on the country in which you live, in which case shouldn't it be 17.5% for the UK?

Anyway I got around most of it by switching to my parents' address (I'm American) and changing billing to USD. Parallels needs to sort this out. There are enough people irritated about paying for 4.0 as it is, this adds insult to injury.

7. movielad

movielad Member

I've taken the plunge and ordered the upgrade (mainly because the damn thing works tremendously well <grin>). Changing the currency from GBP to USD works out about £4 cheaper if the exchange rates offered up by XE.com are correct. So in total, I've paid £32 (rounded up) including the 19% tax.

8. Mrbill317

Mrbill317 Bit poster

Ugggh

I am getting the wrong price in the cart as well, 49.99 for the upgrade. I am in the US.