OpenDisk() returned error 0x80021033 :: means ??

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by OC_Don, May 25, 2010.

1. OC_Don

OC_Don Junior Member

Any chance you could take a peek at the Parallels Transporter Build 5.0.9344 (Revision 558821: March 5, 2010) code and explain what the condition is that will cause "OpenDisk() returned error 0x80021033" to be printed into the parallels log?

Clearly the programmer is trying to convey some sort of situation the code logic can not handle when attempting to open the .vhd file that I am attempting to transport (import). It does not seem to be security related as I have fooled with giving "everyone read/write" in addition to me being the read/write owner of the file and starting and using Transporter under my login and in my file space. Also, I do not believe the .vhd is corrupted as it works fine in the virtual machine running on my Windows laptop. I have taken the same file back and forth. As far as I can tell it is not, or should not be a Windows dynamic volume.

I noticed other postings concerning "OpenDisk() returned error ...". Seems to me it would be a good bit of knowledge to add a list of OpenDisk() return codes and definitions to the Knowledge Base. Then, whenever an "OpenDisk() returned error" is encountered by current and future users of these products, you already have the answers posted and won't be answering repeated questions as seems to be the case with "OpenDisk() returned error 0x80021037" (3 different posts).

Hoping for a meaningful message to be attached to 0x80021037...

OC_Don

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, OC_Don

0x80021033 - means invalid format. Transporter tries to open disk as parallels disk image at first time. In case of fault it tries to analyze another formats. "OpenDisk() returned error 0x80021033" is not important message in you case.

0x80021037 - means sharing violation

If you have a problem with import using Parallels Transporter, please create a problem report and describe the problem here.