Opening attached files on Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AmauryV, Oct 4, 2010.

1. AmauryV

AmauryV Member

hello all.

i just installed Office 2010 for Win (i have to use Office for Win for work purposes).

until Office 2007, if i double-clicked on a file attached to an e-mail in Outlook, the file would open on Mac (i have Office 2008 for Mac too).

with Office 2010 for Win, the attached files are being opened on Windows.

however, if i have a file on the Win desktop, it stills open on Mac.

PDF files keep opening on Mac (Preview), even if they are attached to an e-mail in Outlook.

does anybody know how to make attached files (.doc, .xls and .ppt) open with Office 2008 for Mac, instead of Office 2010 for Win?

thanks.

2. Stephan Koch

Stephan Koch Bit poster

Same Issue here

I'm experiencing the same issue here. Apparently it depends on wether the file resides on the actual windows file system or in a "shared" folder like My Documents, that is mapped to the Mac users home directory.

Double-clicking PDF files from the windows desktop or the my documents folder opens them in Mac Preview (which is the behavior I want).

Whenever I try to open files that reside on exclusively on the windows filesystem, e.g. file is on C:\, Preview is launched but the file is not opened. No error message is shown.

Any advice?