opening MS word instead of Mac Word

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ddrotts, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ddrotts

ddrotts Bit poster

Hi, when I receive an email in my Entourage (ie attached Word doc...), when I click on it, it opens it in MS word on my Parallels... I do not want this to happen I want it to open word in my Mac side, this just started after I upgraded the version. please help....

Parallel build 4128
    On my Mac.. using MS Office 2004
    On the Parallel side, using XP Pro and Office 2007

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

3. ddrotts

ddrotts Bit poster

Hi thanks, but how can I change so evertime I open a file on my mac side it opens it in Office Mac 2004, instead of Office 2007? Not just one file but all of them. I know how to right click and tell it to open with Mac 2004 then click always, but I want this to be a default. I'm really pissed that Parallels would make this change for me, I did not tell it I wanted my files to be default to Office 2007, is this a bug in Parallels???

4. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Based on what I've read in this thread and others, this so-called "SmartSelect" sounds like a big mistake as currently configured. I don't have v3.0 (I run build 3214) but it seems that such a feature doesn't always work as described. Therefore it should be turned off by default and made very difficult to turn on.

I for one have always valued certainty in knowing what app would open which file.

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Hello All,

It is known bug in SmartSelect default configuration. It is already fixed and will be included into upcoming (very soon) 3.0 update.

6. ddrotts

ddrotts Bit poster

Andrew,

When do you expect this update to come, I need to get all my files exts, back to Office 2004....

7. betheeem

betheeem Bit poster

Update

Yes...please let us know the release date of update, If my staff have to wait too long we will be forced to go back to older version.