This text below is from 2008 and it appears to still be an open request (?)
note: this is a suggestion for the Coherence mode, I understand that the menubar is not there when running the VM in Full Screen mode:
Would you consider an Parallels option to automatically hide the Max OS menubar in the same vein as you can set to automatically hide the Windows task bar (to add... I need to see Windows "in the background" while using my Mac programs ~ currently, the only way I see windows in the background is by using Coherence mode but then I have to look at the Mac menu bar ~ although it may seem minor I need this space that the Mac menu bar is occupying!)
Aspects for me to consider for my reasoning
a) I have never become a fan of the menubar. If I am in a program, I am just not interested in seeing it, until I want to use it. Therefore an option to automatically hide and reappear if you move the mouse over it, would be great. Especially if I am in a Windows program!!!!!
b) Actually only a hidden menubar would give you TRUE Coherence. In the current Coherence, Mac OS is always there - even if you are in Windows program and have very little interest in doing anything on the menubar (within Parallels).
I know that there is program out there that does this: Menufela by http://ninjakitten.us/
But it has several downside: it is still Beta, does not work with Leopard, and actually seems to be out of development (last version one year old).
note: this is a suggestion for the Coherence mode, I understand that the menubar is not there when running the VM in Full Screen mode:
Would you consider an Parallels option to automatically hide the Max OS menubar in the same vein as you can set to automatically hide the Windows task bar (to add... I need to see Windows "in the background" while using my Mac programs ~ currently, the only way I see windows in the background is by using Coherence mode but then I have to look at the Mac menu bar ~ although it may seem minor I need this space that the Mac menu bar is occupying!)
Aspects for me to consider for my reasoning
a) I have never become a fan of the menubar. If I am in a program, I am just not interested in seeing it, until I want to use it. Therefore an option to automatically hide and reappear if you move the mouse over it, would be great. Especially if I am in a Windows program!!!!!
b) Actually only a hidden menubar would give you TRUE Coherence. In the current Coherence, Mac OS is always there - even if you are in Windows program and have very little interest in doing anything on the menubar (within Parallels).
I know that there is program out there that does this: Menufela by http://ninjakitten.us/
But it has several downside: it is still Beta, does not work with Leopard, and actually seems to be out of development (last version one year old).