Option to automatically hide menubar

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RickAce, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Option to automatically hide menubar

1. Important

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Somewhat Important

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No Opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RickAce

RickAce Junior Member

This text below is from 2008 and it appears to still be an open request (?)

note: this is a suggestion for the Coherence mode, I understand that the menubar is not there when running the VM in Full Screen mode:

Would you consider an Parallels option to automatically hide the Max OS menubar in the same vein as you can set to automatically hide the Windows task bar (to add... I need to see Windows "in the background" while using my Mac programs ~ currently, the only way I see windows in the background is by using Coherence mode but then I have to look at the Mac menu bar ~ although it may seem minor I need this space that the Mac menu bar is occupying!)

Aspects for me to consider for my reasoning
    a) I have never become a fan of the menubar. If I am in a program, I am just not interested in seeing it, until I want to use it. Therefore an option to automatically hide and reappear if you move the mouse over it, would be great. Especially if I am in a Windows program!!!!!
    b) Actually only a hidden menubar would give you TRUE Coherence. In the current Coherence, Mac OS is always there - even if you are in Windows program and have very little interest in doing anything on the menubar (within Parallels).

I know that there is program out there that does this: Menufela by http://ninjakitten.us/
    But it has several downside: it is still Beta, does not work with Leopard, and actually seems to be out of development (last version one year old).

2. RickAce

RickAce Junior Member

To add I would like the entire Mac OSX window frame to be able to be hidden so it appears just like full screen ~ or better yet is there a way to have Parallels Full Screen mode not slide of the Mac screen and disappear when switching programs?

I truly need to see Parallels in the background in full screen mode (without the top and bottom bars) when working with other Mac programs.