Outlook 2016 Badge Icon Wrong

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PCTiger, Apr 11, 2016.

1. PCTiger

PCTiger Bit poster

Running Office 2016 on a Windows 10 VM. When in Coherence Mode, the number on the Outlook badge is off by +1. Meaning if the badge should be 8, it shows 9. If it should be 7 it shows 8 and so on.

Outlook for Mac works perfectly and the badge is always correct.

2. GraemeC2

GraemeC2 Bit poster

I'm also running Office 2016 under W10 on Parallels 11. My Parallels Outlook icon on the dock always shows exactly twice the number of unread messages as there actually are. So if one new mail notification pops up, the dock counter will show 2. Happens in Coherence or whatever-non-Coherence-is-called (Windows desktop?).
    Can't see an obvious parameter to check, but then I am new to OSX and to Parallels . . .

3. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi, Go to Outlook menu > Preferences > General and Uncheck the option 'Hide On My Computer folders'. Verify whether you have unread messages in this group of folders. Hope this helps!

4. ScottK9

ScottK9 Bit poster

Replying to an old string, but having the same issue, now on Parallels 13, Outlook 2016 and my Parallels Outlook Badge Icon count is way off. Not finding where to locate Outlook menu > Preferences > General and Uncheck the option 'Hide On My Computer folders'
    Appreciate assistance please

5. CourtneyF

CourtneyF Bit poster

The instructions for accessing 'Hide on My Computer folders' is for the Mac, not a Windows machine running Parallels. I also have this issue, and this box is already unchecked on my Mac (which is not having the badge issue).

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @ScottK9, to fine-tune what the badge count represents:
    Open MS Outlook --> tap Settings --> scroll down and tap "Badge Count" --> select "All" for all mail, or "Focused Inbox" for the badge to only represent the number of unread mail in your Focused Inbox.
    Note: Please take a Snapshot or the full back up of your virtual machine before following the steps mentioned above.