Outlook 365, Windows 11, Freezes to a point that you can't thaw it with global warming

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DennisT4, Nov 23, 2022.

1. DennisT4

DennisT4 Junior Member

Hi Everyone,
    OK, perhaps a bit OTT, but I just thought I would add to the recent themes of global warming.
    I have Mac OS Ventura, Parallels 18 for Mac and Outlook 365 in Windows 11. If my MBP goes to sleep for a little longer than literally a momentary break, when I wake it again, Outlook may be completely frozen.
    When I try to Force Quit it under Apple, Windows 11 then crashes and I have to some how get Parallels to STOP and then restart Windows. Restart Outlook and it will ask me to reopen some of the windows that didn't close properly.
    Otherwise anything that was opened in Win 11 would be frozen.

Any ideas?

2. CoreyM2

CoreyM2 Bit poster

I regularly have issues with outlook on Parallels. It's constantly frozen. I have to force quit like you mentioned and sometimes I even have to restart the computer. It's incredibly inefficient and frustrating.

3. DennisT4

DennisT4 Junior Member

Mine still happens. I am not sure why and nobody from Parallels has said anything.

4. CoreyM2

CoreyM2 Bit poster

I have a MacBook Air M1 with 16gb of ram. I have parallels specifically for the windows version of Outlook, but Outlook regularly and somewhat randomly lags. Can never get an answer as to why. I have assigned more ram to parallels but it makes no difference. I've had this issue in every iteration of parallels and don't use windows for anything else.