Overwatch FPS Drop

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DanielJ9, Jul 3, 2018.

1. DanielJ9

DanielJ9 Bit poster

Hi Guys,

I bought the Parallels Desktop 13 yesterday, today I wanted to try the whole thing with Overwatch, but I have extreme frame drops that make playing impossible. In the game itself, I have otherwise tried over 110 FPS and all the graphics settings.
    My specs:
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
    4.2GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

The hardware settings I have on 4 processors with 8192 mb Ram and graphics at 1GB, which scales graphic. I also enabled the gaming mode of Parallels 13.

I had already considered whether you need to install any drivers on the Windows version, but I did not find anything about it. Did I forget something?

The only reason I bought Parallels is to play overwatch. I thank you for your help.
    I also tried to launch "Moonlighter" and "Planet Coaster", but I get a black screen on "Moonlighter" and "Planet Coaster" says that my graphics card is not Directx11 compatible.
    Greetings
    Daniel

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. EddieS1

EddieS1 Bit poster

I have a same issue here, I've set on the highest setting but still have frame dropping. I just purchase today cause I was using bootcamp to play Overwatch and it was smooth and nice , but yesterday had an update that makes my windows couldn't open. that's why I decide to buy Parallels 14.
    MacBook Pro 15 inch 2017
    2.8 quad core i7
    16 GB RAM
    Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
    with no framing drop on bootcamp. (average 50 + FPS) on a High setting

now with the lowest setting only gets 30 + and a very serious lagging...

3. Hi guys, did you get any error message? If yes screenshot will be very appreciated.