P4.0 tools wont install

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by pkofman@rogers.com, Nov 21, 2008.

1. pkofman@rogers.com

pkofman@rogers.com Member

another day of incredible frustration( 1306 error) Tech support is over their head on this, i was on the phone for over 3 hours, 6 techs and no solution, every time they transfer me up the ladder they put me in the queue and I was disconnected ,

My error is Ptools will not install, 1306 error, and when tools tries to install it says during file copy that it cannot gain access to the a boot file.
    I have performed this install of tools endlessly while on the phone with tech support and they have no clue what a 1306 error is!

However, the good news. My vista works perfectly in boot camp and in VM, It just that i have no tools installed

right now im at the point where my vm is working with my boot disk vista but tools are not installed and working

my computer is set up with a boot camp drive and window works perfectly when booted , even the vm is working in vista, but i have no tools, i keep getting the same error over and over, tech support is lost on this issue.they told me to reinstall my vista because it was corrupt. I said no way, windows is operating properly when started in boot camp
    Can you imagine how misleading that is and some poor sucker is going to start from scratch.
    If my boot camp windows is working perfectly and my vm is working, then its a tools install issue.

I was going to go back and reinstall p3.0 but im not sure what will happen.

Let me know if you find out anything, i will do the same

At this moment my new upgrade is useless and tech support cannot help!

sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008