Parallel Transporter fails to migrate WinXP on encrypted drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by OlegW, Nov 2, 2010.

1. OlegW

OlegW Bit poster

Hello,

Anyone has any idea if Parallels Transporter supposed to be able to migrate
    Windows XP if it is running McAfee Endpoint Encryption ?
    I've tried over the network and locally to USB drive, and in both scenarios at
    the end of the migration I would get an error "Migration Failed contact Parallels
    support" ...not sure is it because I have my drive encrypted with McAfee or due
    to other reason.
    Couldn't find any log files to attach, version of the Transporter is: 3.0 build #

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Oleg

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, OlegW

I suggest that reconfiguration stage in Parallels Transporter Client fails, because disk is encrypted. I will search workaround.

Please create a problem report and post it's number here. It could be helpful for us.

Addition:
    Also please try latest version of Parallels Transporter Agent (download Parallels Transporter Agent 6 for Windows [44 Mb]). It will be mush easer to analyze latest version's log.
    If network/usb migration with new version of Parallels Transporter Agent will fail at begining (connection stage, collecting information stage, or begining of data migration), please try External Storage migration way (on Parallels Transporter Agent side) and post result here.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  3. OlegW

OlegW Bit poster

Hi Stuw,

Thanks for you reply. I installed newer version of Transporter as per your recommendation and it indeed
    allowed me to finish the migration on the target PC where the new Agent is installed. However, when I bring that
    hard drive with a newly created image to my iMac it refuses to recognize it and says "This path doesn't exist"
    when I point it to the image on the hard drive. I must mention that PD I'm running is version 5 however the agent
    now is ver 6 ....looks like they are not compatible or something.

Thanks again,
    Oleg

4. Stuw

Did you point to the image in Parallels Desktop 5 or in Parallels Transporter?
    Please create a problem report and post it's number here. It could be helpful for us.

5. OlegW

OlegW Bit poster

Stuw,

I pointed to the image on the USB drive from within PD5 after Transporter completed its job on the target system
    and that USB drive was reconnected to iMAC with PD5 running on it to complete the migration process.
    Not sure how you want me to create a problem report, is there is a special procedure for that or format that I
    have to follow....please clarify.

Thanks again,
    Oleg

6. Stuw

You can create a report manually by choosing Report a Problem from the Help menu and filling out the form.
    For more information see Reporting a Problem to Parallels Team in Parallels Desktop User's Guide.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010