Paralleld Desktop Update RC - Mac Pro, Leopard, and Vista compatible!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Sep 7, 2006.

1. chadwick

chadwick Bit poster

still panics here

No luck for me. As soon as I press play on any of my VMs I get the same immediate kernel panic I did with the previous version. I double checked the version # of the running Parallels and it is indeed the new release candidate.

Mac Pro, 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz CPUs

2. dayjimenez

dayjimenez Bit poster

windows vista beta

so where does one get the download of windows vista beta 2? all of the sites I have seen only now have rc1.....

3. TopShelf

TopShelf Bit poster

The MTU Jumbo/Standard toggle fix works for me, too.

I can now access all web sites. Other internet apps I am using are also behaving well.

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Yes - it will be included into upcoming build.

5. DizziD

DizziD Bit poster

Now with less panic and more beachball!

I updated to the new RC, and while it no longer immediately sends my machine into a kernel panic, I get a beachball immediately after launching any new virtual machine and it locks up the whole system (I have to force-powerdown, so it might as well be a kernel panic).

I have a clean new quad 3.0ghz with 3gb of Apple Approved ram.

I can't even get to the "install an OS" stage yet...

6. CJConline

CJConline Junior Member

Locks up when trying to install an OS; then "Unable to communicate with hypervisor!"

I get pretty much the same problem as #14 & #25 on my MacPro 1.1 (1GB, Boot ROM version MP11.005C.B00).

System lockups up the first time you try and start the VM to install an OS (Win XP). Only option is to pyhsically reboot machine and then for ever on after you get an " Unable to communicate with hypervisor!" error when ever you try to start the VM.

Tried uninstalling parallels from the machine and then going through a completly fresh install with exactly the same results.

7. CJConline

CJConline Junior Member

Another thought on install failures

After reviewing the few messages in this thread again, I notice that those of us that seem to be having a problem installing an OS are ones with 3GHz or 2GHz dual Xeon Mac Pros. Perhaps those that had success in this area with a 2Ghz or 3GHZ MacPro could let us know to dispel this possibility. Also if you could outline the spec of your machine it might be helpful.

Thanks

8. tlxreed

tlxreed Bit poster

crash and burn

I've installed the latest RC candidate on my iMac G5 Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz system. First time around I thought the crashes were due to my having installed the application while Parallels was running.

The .dmg file says Parallels 1884. After installing, when I hit the button to launch WinXP VM my system immediately reboots, no warnings or kernel panics. Nothing I've attempted in the way of reinstalling has made 1884 launch the VM without an immediate reboot.

I've just reinstalled Parallels 1848, and the VM starts no problem.

9. ajwp

ajwp Bit poster

"Unable to communicate with hypervisor!"

I'm getting the exact same problem. Here's my computer info:

Machine Name: Mac Pro
    Machine Model: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB