Parallels 10 auto update query

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by David_T, Jan 6, 2016.

1. David_T

David_T Member

I have parallels 10, very happy with it. Now I have an update message that I've chosen to remind me later as I couldn't risk a problem at the time.

The top line description is v10.3.0.29227 is available and I have 10.0.2-27712. But the text in the box says "This is an update for parallels 11 for Mac build 10.3.0". I don't want to pay for parallels 11 as everything still works fine, the bug list may have a few points that cold be a problem for me.

Is it safe to update to that version, or will I be railroaded in to parallels 11 if I update?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi David, yes, you an update Parallels Desktop 10 to the most recent update and check how it works. You may check out this article about the update summary.

3. David_T

David_T Member

The dialog box is saying it's a parallels 11 update. Is that a mistake?

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

No, that's not mistake. Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac latest build is 10.3.0 (29227).

5. MehreenS

MehreenS Junior Member

Hello Dear
    - Determines an issue with excess Windows 10 application symbols in Dock
    - Determines an issue with not introducing the choice to introduce a virtual machine from a Training camp parcel
    - Determines an issue with mouse cursor situating in Windows 10 while utilizing all presentations as a part of Full Screen
    - Determines an issue with imperceptible Windows 10 plate symbols in Intelligence
    - Determines an issue with Windows 10 programmed OS recognition
    - Determines an issue with Windows 10 smashing when the off base visitor OS sort is set
    - Determines an issue with Parallels Apparatuses establishment not beginning consequently subsequent to introducing Windows 10 from USB media
    - Determines an issue with Parallels Apparatuses establishment in Fedora virtual machines

6. David_T

David_T Member

Ok, so why does the dialog say this is an update for parallels 11?
    I already have Yosemite, and had to buy a parallels upgrade for Mavericks. I don't want to be trapped into buying parallels again by it sneakily upgrading to 11.
    I'm getting fed up with having to buy upgrades because apple and microsoft update their OS. Makes you nervous about updating anything these days.

[​IMG]

7. David_T

David_T Member

Come on Mr Parallels, answer the question

8. David_T

David_T Member

Is no one from parallels able to answer the above?

9. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    If you are running your Mac on Yosemite, you can continue working with Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, please refer to http://kb.parallels.com/114381 to know
    Parallels Desktop and Mac OS (Host) compatibility, however, could you please provide us a screenshot of the service notification you received, so that we can understand that issue better.

10. David_T

David_T Member

Like the one 3 posts above???

11. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi David_T,
    There are 2 types of notifications you may received, they are service notifications.
    1. If there is any new build for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac you will receive a notification for update.
    2. As you are running your Mac on Yosemite, you may have received a service alert, because, Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is completely not optimized with OS X El Capitan, in future if you upgrade to OS X El Capitan you may face so issues in using Parallels desktop 10 for Mac on OS X El Capitan, because Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is completely not optimized with OS X El Capitan, that is the reason you might have received a service alert.

Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, is completely optimized with Yosemite. You can continue working with Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac on Yosemite with out upgrading it to Parallels Desktop 11.

12. David_T

David_T Member

Please read the messages, and the question I have posted. It's not about what's for what OS version. I have yosemite, and have parallels 10, I want to keep parallels 10.

That message box appears every time I open parallels. It says this update is for PARALLELS 11 , not 10. I am asking if I do that update will I stay on parallels 10?

Again the message box says: "This update for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac build 10.3.0 (29227)" - can you see the image of the message box I posted?

13. David_T

David_T Member

No new attempts to read the question yet???

14. Nemensi

Nemensi Member

I guess it's a typo in the message. 10.3.0 (29227) is the last 10.x version.

15. David_T

David_T Member

I guess that as well, but you wouldn't think it would take so long for someone at parallels to confirm

16. David_T

David_T Member

It's not a difficult question!!!!!

17. David_T

David_T Member

It's not a good sign when you can't get a basic question answered about their software

18. David_T

David_T Member

I wonder if I need 10 or 11 posts to get an answer, if there a difference between 10 and 11 - interesting question that seems to be beyond parallels people.

19. David_T

David_T Member

OK, don't the update at a non-critical time, and it must be a typo. Nice lack of support there guys