Parallels 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Benham67, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Benham67

Benham67 Bit poster

I am presently running a Microsoft Windows XP virtual machine through Parallels 10 (10.4) on my 2017 27" iMac, which is running OSX Mojave (OSX 10.14.6). I am thinking of upgrading my OSX. Bearing this in mind is anyone able to confirm the following for me please?

1) Is Parallels 10 a 32 bit or 64 bit application? Is there anyway of telling which version I am running?
    2) If I fully upgrade to the latest version of OSX & Parallels can I just switch across my PVM file across?

Thanking you for any kind assistance.

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello,
    1) Is Parallels 10 a 32 bit or 64 bit application? Is there anyway of telling which version I am running?
    If you're still running Parallels Desktop 10 you can check it as described here
    2) If I fully upgrade to the latest version of OSX & Parallels can I just switch across my PVM file across?
    We recommend to upgrade to the latest Parallels Desktop version, because Parallels Desktop 10 doesn't compatible with macOS Catalina.
    You can test it's behavior but please do not forget to make a backup copy of your VM.

3. Benham67

Benham67 Bit poster

Thank you so much for answering my questions and providing support.

Maria@Parallels likes this.