Parallels 11 activation on OSX 10.13.6 fails (Check your Internet connection)

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by MichaelP88, Mar 8, 2023.

1. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

Dear all,
    there are already at least 2 similar threads with the same topic but without any solution so far.
    I just completely reinstalled my iMac mid2011 from scratch (after reformatting the drives).
    I used the latest OSX supported for that model which is 10.13.6 High Sierra (where Parallels 11 was running fine before I formatted the drives).
    During the Parallels 11 installation process I was asked to enter my account data for activation.
    It failed with the following error message: "Check your Internet connection". My internet connection is fine! I am just logged in in my Parallels account and downloaded my P11 copy from there (plus the license key).
    I think Parallels has changed something with the activation servers (I faced the same issue with Adobe Lightroom 6, but there was a workaround for this).
    Can you please support me and tell me how to activate my copy of Parallels 11 on OSX 10.13.6.? I payed for it and legally own it (without any expiration date)! I think I should be able to install and use it.
    Thank you very much!

2. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

To make things clear. Product is "Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac". I entered correct mail-address and password for my parallels account. After confirmation - the error message "Check your Internet connection" appears.
    From my experience with Adobe Lightroom 6 activation I think there it was related to an update of the Adobe activation servers to TLS 1.2.
    Please Parallels Support - held the users with this activation issue. I am not alone.
    Thanks again.

3. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

4. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster