Parallels 12 using Windows 10 graphic distortions

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Marco17, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Marco17

Marco17 Bit poster

Hello community,

I am using macOS 10.13.2 and Parallels 12 (recent update) and am running on an MacMini Server (Mid 2011) with an i7, 16GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD, 1 Thunderbolt Display (2560x1440) and one 27" Display Port LCD (FullHD) running Parallels in Fullscreenmode.
    I was able to work normally with everything within Windows 10 but all of a sudden I encountered heavy graphic distortions which occur mostly when using the Snipping Tool from Microsoft or when Pressing "Windows-Key" + "Tab", sometimes when switching between active windows.
    The strange thing with snipping tool is when I open it up, all is normal but as soon as I hit the "new" button to get the selection cursor the whole screen content seems to be mixed up with the content of the other screen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I already tried the following:
    * Disabled all Win10 Effects
    * Increase Parallels GPU RAM (256->1024MB)
    * Reinstalled Parallels Tools for Windows
    * Rebooted the VM
    * Installed all available Windows 10 Updates

While writing this I tried something different which seems to work so far ... I reduced the resolutionof the Thunderbolt Display to match the FHD resolution of the 27" LCD, but I'd rather not keep it that way (blurry).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. Marco17

Marco17 Bit poster

I would be thankful if someone could try to verify if it happens for them too while using two LCDs so I have a confirmation.