Parallels 13 macOS Sierra High Windows 10 slow performance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PatrickG5, Oct 14, 2017.

1. netnomad

netnomad Bit poster

My first post here. Problems concerning iMac 18,3 / High Sierra / Parallels 13 / Windows 7

After my Mac Pro 3,1 died, I chose a new iMac with Fusion Drive. Big mistake! I should have taken the SSD version.

After the migration procedure Parallels 12 was slow, I upgraded to Parallels 13 and Win 7 was even slower, unusable. For months I was screening the www for a solution, nothing helped. Not one of the ideas in this thread!

A few days ago I saw this hint with the Fusion Drive, cloned High Sierra to an external Samsung T5 (SSD with USB 3.1 via Thunderbolt 3)
    -> Startup was slower than with Fusion Drive, but Win 7 was running as perfect as expected.

My permanent solution is the following: I copied "Windows 7.pvm" to an old Intel SSD (250GB in an external Icy Box in my case), moved the original from the Fusion Drive to the trash, defined the new path and now I am happy again.

2. MarcoL4

MarcoL4 Bit poster

Microsoft Knows Best.

For years we got faster processors and now the core speed drops down and the core count goes up. So multi-processing is the way to go. Great !! you think the more cores how faster my pc. WRONG !!! Microsoft decided that one core pro process is enough for us stupid user. Did you buy a new pc with the latest hardware, freshly installed windows 10 and office 365 and performance is sludgy?

I don't notice this problem in word, excel is faster on this pc, Outlook begins to annoy me with its slow start-up it slower than on my ten years old pc? But Visio 2016, 2019 and O365 brings slowness to a whole new level.

Oke. I have quit a large Visio file with al lot of shapes and I import data from excel. But with the visio pro 2010 and 2013 it took 5 minutes, but from Visio pro 2016 and up it takes 10 to 12 hours to perform the same task?? And in the meanwhile, hoping you don't get an error and you must start over again. This will cost me my job.

We have had contacted several Microsoft helpdesks they gave me all the run-around we even contacted Satya Narayana CEO of Microsoft and got a case manager, she took it to the head-developer and in all his wisdom he decided that they won't develop multi-processing.
    What are they thinking that this is a hobby and that users are stupid and not important.

So as last resort I made a request in the uservoice from Microsoft. So please help me and yourself to support my request and VOTE !

https://office365.uservoice.com/for...external-data-import-use-multiple-cores-again

Thanks
    Marco

3. Parallelstester

Parallelstester Bit poster

I payed 50 € for an Upgrade, not for a Downgrade. I also don`t want to copy any files from A to B, change a configuration or stuff like that.
    The fact is: it`s more than slow now!!!
    Make it running for all and not for each configuration seperately - it`s your job ! ;-)

ArtistW likes this.