Parallels 15 & Autocad acting strangely in "Use all display in Full Screen" Mode

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JimmyW2, May 18, 2020.

1. JimmyW2

JimmyW2 Bit poster

Hi guys,

I'm currently using dual-screen connected using VGA to USB-C adapter with my Macbook Pro (16-inch, 2019). I had no issues previously when using AutoCAD with dual screen in Full-Screen mode. But one day AutoCAD started to act strangely, and the command line just keeps on flashing as though it is entering commands and it's impossible to use AutoCAD. But once I exit "Use all display in full screen" mode, everything seems to work again. Can anyone shed some light on why this may have happened?
    My current setup is parallels 15 home for mac, iOS 10.15.4, Windows 10 connecting dual screen with VGA to USB-C adapter.

As you can see in the video below at (timestamp 0:28) once I have switched to use all display in full-screen mode, everything seems fine until I input my first command. Then it created a lasso which I could not cancel even pressing escape continuously. Then at (timestamp 1:09) notice how the command line keeps flashing, and that is when I cannot fully control AutoCAD anymore. If I started AutoCAD in "use all display in full screen" mode, the command line would just start flashing and I could not do anything.

Regards,

Jimmy

2. Hello, Just go through some threads and found this discussion. Please check and let me know if it's not that case.
    Thanks in advance.

3. JimmyW2

JimmyW2 Bit poster

Hi Maria, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that is the case.
    The command line keeps on flashing even when I'm not inputting any command. It only happens when i use all display in full screen mode.
    I tried installing another VM and the issue does not exist anymore, but it's annoying because i need to transfer my Microsoft license to another VM and re setup my AutoCAD settings. Hence i'd like to find a solution before i use my last resort.

4. JimmyW2

JimmyW2 Bit poster

Hi Maria, this matter has been resolved. Please see record below.

Hello Jimmy,

As per the schedule, we have contacted you regarding the issue that you were unable to use AutoCAD in the Windows virtual machine.

During the remote session, we change the profile to Games that resolves the issue.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

We appreciate your time and consideration.

Thanks,

--

A John Silvester
    Customer Support

||Parallels
    Knowledgebase: http://kb.parallels.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @ParallelsCares

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. PetrosS1

PetrosS1 Bit poster

Hi guys,

I am currently experiencing this same exact issue, where I only encounter problems when using all displays in full-screen mode. What ended up being the solution to this problem? Thank you everyone for your time in advance!

Petros Serbana

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please change the profile to Games and update us.