Parallels 17.1.1 Can't Unlock Configuration window to make changes

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BentonJ1, Feb 20, 2022.

1. BentonJ1

BentonJ1 Bit poster

Parallels 17.1.1 on Mac Monterrey 12.2 , for reference: trying to play Lord of the Rings Online and suddenly a new problem occurred (UI and other windows in-game became very tiny and cannot be enlarged in-game).
    I have gone through everything the game mods could do and now it appears to be something in Parallels with resolution.
    I am at the "Windows 10" Configuration window and cannot unlock the Lock at the bottom of the screen ("Click the Lock to make changes")
    I click it, the mac systems window opens: "Parallels Desktop wants to make changes." I enter my Password, click OK. There is the "ching" sound of the lock unlocking, but it goes right back to showing it is locked and all the areas of the Configuration screen remain grayed out and inaccessible. (ALL : General, Options, Hardware, Security, Backup.)
    I have opened the Info windows of both Parallels and Windows apps and Unlocked the locks there (no problem).
    I am now stymied and seek help!
    Thanks in advance!

BentonK likes this.
  2. BentonJ1

BentonJ1 Bit poster

Hello! Anyone?

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly refer to this KB article and try to give full disk access to Parallels Desktop.

4. EdelverG

EdelverG Bit poster

The given suggestion doesn't work; It only happens to me with a VM and 2 months ago it worked fine.

BentonK likes this.
  5. RobertT8

RobertT8 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I have three images, but only one of them refuses to unlock (Win 10). They're all stored in the same folder, and it unlocked just fine this afternoon...now it won't, and nothing has changed. That permissions thing did no good. What now??

6. jsb

jsb Bit poster

In OS X open a terminal in the .pvm folder and create a file named .access with permissions rwx------
    Now you can lock/unlock the virtual machine from the settings